Work is often overlooked as a crucial aspect of any healthy lifestyle. But there’s no doubt that finding meaningful work can give people structure, a sense of fulfilment, motivation and, of course, more social mobility.
It’s also true to say that a healthy lifestyle supports a productive work life. Good mental and physical wellbeing helps with everything from focus and energy to mood and communication skills.
At Fedcap we know that much more needs to be done to bridge the gap between employability and health, which is why we employ a dedicated team of health and wellbeing professionals to deliver a range of holistic, person-centred services.
An integrated approach to health and employment
We’re passionate about delivering evidence-based solutions, creating positive attitudes towards work and supporting participants with health and wellbeing difficulties.
We understand that helping people move closer to the labour market means considering the whole person – not just their qualifications or CV. From looking at physical and mental health to barriers, such as access to housing, transport and digital technology, our approach is proven to get people on the right career path.
We also understand the value of creating safe, community spaces in which the long-term sick can work on their health and enjoy positive social interactions. Through the Fedcap Clubhouses we are providing these supportive environments and working to support the 2.5 million people of working age in the UK who are currently suffering from long-term sickness.
90 years' experience
Supporting individuals’ health is paramount to the work we do at Fedcap. For 90 years we have implemented ground-breaking programmes to help people maintain good health and wellbeing.
In the UK alone, we deliver thousands of interventions every year for our customers: from one-to-one support, advice and guidance using a biopsychosocial approach, to workshops giving individuals the skills and strategies to manage and improve their physical and mental wellbeing.
Our Health and Wellbeing Team represent a range of health disciplines, each accredited by relevant professional bodies. They draw on evidence-based assessments to build individual support plans and measure health progression.
Robust clinical framework
Our activities are underpinned by robust safeguarding procedures and a high quality of care. Key parts of our clinical governance include:
- Evidence-based practice utilising National Institute of Clinical Excellence (NICE) guidelines
- Using British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) Ethical Framework for Counselling professionals
- Providing clinical supervision for healthcare professionals
- Investment in an internal CPD structure aligned with Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC) and BACP regulatory bodies for clinical competencies
- Continuous improvement of care quality standards with embedded Risk & Audit procedures
- Ensuring confidentiality and data security is maintained following data protection regulations and Caldicott Guardian principles
- Working with BASE and the Vocational Rehabilitation Association, we offer professional development training through National Institute of Disability Management & Research (NIDMAR) for our people
Our Health and Wellbeing service success
Our evidence-based approach has resulted in many positive customer outcomes for those who have accessed our Health and Wellbeing service.
**This was measured using a valid and reliable health outcome measure, the Work and Social Adjustment Scale (WSAS).
have demonstrated improved health outcomes
have moved closer to achieving their job goals
have more knowledge/skills to manage their health
What our customers say....
Get in touch today
Want to find out more about our health and wellbeing service?
Fill out the form or call us today on 0800 917 9262